DUET improvisation dance tools
Modality: Decide – Respond
Modality: Leading & Following
Modality: Time and Expectations of the Mind
CONTACT Improvisation dance tools
About Contact Improvisation
Modality: Into my water (elemental water)
Modality: Sensitive hands / The Samurai Way
Modality: Brushing & Sculptor (elemental wind)
Modality: Dissolving & Building up
Modality: Shared balance dancing
- Three centers
- Switching between centers and using arms for transitions
- Pushing and moving through space / Tree & Leaf
- Going Down & Up
- I’m on the floor, connection with my partner is gone. What to do?
- Using animal power and power of the floor / Tree & Leaf push on the floor
- Resisting the impulse in the slide
- Sliding & Noticing opportunity when the lift can happen – AHA moment
- Sliding & Pendulum weight
Modality: Giving & Taking weight in a safe way
- Invitation and acceptance / Dance is in a space between
- How much weight can we take?
- Dead weight and protecting your lower back
- Climbing on the body & supporting the actions
Modality: “I want you here because of that” / clear intention
Modality: Reading – Following – Adjusting
Modality: Loosening your head
Modality: “Dead body playground”
Modality: Flying the angel
- Keeping your own dance in the contact dance.
- I feel awkward in this exercise. What to do?
- While rolling, my breasts are touching partners body – feeling uncomfortable. What can I do?
- 8 tool: “my space – your space”
- Sometimes sexuality arises during contact improvisation and people get confused and afraid. How to deal with that? What can we do?
GROUP improvisation dance tools
Modality: NetWork – can the network operate without a leader?
Modality: Three events
Using Solo, Duet & Contact improvisation tools for a Group improvisation
STEP #7: Cooling Down
Stretch, massage, meditation…
STEP #8: Sharing & Closing the session
What is sharing and why it is important?
How to close the session?